A driven action taker
- Do you have any previous business experience?
- How does your regular working day look like? What do you like about it? What don’t you?
- How many projects are you involved in?
- How do you take decisions? Do you need to collect information, analyze it a bit, discuss things with others, search for opinion, advice?
Beliefs and attitude
Value delivery is a core driver of happiness … and money. Building lasting relationships with clients leads to sustainable business growth. Language to watch (sales vs helping clients; customers vs clients, relationships building vs transaction).
- Why are you in this business?
- What do you like about it?
- If you decide to leave, why would you?
- Would you like seeing your kids taking over the servicing of your clients?
- Do you have clients you work with regularly?
- How often do you contact your A and B clients?
Clients’s interests come first.
Compliance is our insurance for business longevity. Any unethical and not compliant business is not going to last.
Success in our business comes from talking to people:
- Number of meetings in an average week
- Number of calls per day
- Do you have a marketing assistant?
- How do you find people to talk to?
- What are your marketing systems?
- How many referrals do you get per week?
- Do you have networking partners?
- By how much do you expect your business to grow next year? Why?
- What was your last year production? Where did the sales come from?
Preferably 3 to 5 years with Sun Life, Investors Group, maybe Industrial Alliance.
Experience/Interest in the business owners market.
- Assets under management.
- Number of insurance policies sold last year? The year before?
- Do you talk more about investments or insurance?
- How do you position yourself, what role your clients think you have in their lives?